Sunday 1 January 2012

Drinks & Nibbles

I thoroughly enjoyed this Christmas.  My brother-in-law arrived on the 23rd Dec and joined in our little festive gathering with a few friends who were still around so close to Christmas!  We had a lovely night catching up with friends, especially Vikki and her new baby, Emily who were down from Aberdeen with her husband to stay with his family near Glasgow for Christmas.  Emily even dressed for the occasion in a super-cute elf outfit!

The FF sausage rolls went down well, as did the bacon and cheese twists I saw on Lauren Pascale's TV show.  I also served some of my mince pies, fresh from the oven and made some yummy Mulled Wine using a recipe in my Hairy Biker's Christmas book.  I have to say I was very impressed with the recipes in there, the mince pies made with their orange pastry were delish and the candied peel went down very well with everyone surprisingly!  Far and away the biggest success were the Halloumi bites by Nigella via FF.

Next year I plan on being a bit more organised and having a party earlier so hopefully a few more of our friends will be able to make it.

Foooooood!
(Sushi Platter from Costco also went down well)

Mince Pies with orange crust

Halloumi Bites

Dark chocolate and sour cherry fudge

Mulled Wine

Our little elf visitor!

I think there were about 10 of us in all and I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100