Friday 29 March 2013

Our new home! by Roz


As many of you know, B and I have recently bought a new house.   It's difficult for me to share too many pictures with you at the moment as we don't get the keys until July / August time, but we are so excited about our new house that I wanted to share a sneak peek!

This is our new front door, please excuse the crude photo shop skills to remove the house number and the name of the company that currently own the property.  Bex is the photo wizard but she is currently enjoying the sights of South Korea so you are stuck with my poor skills!  The house was built in the mid 1800's and is Grade A listed and in a conservation area, so we are not even allowed to change the paint colour let alone change the type of door.



The house is currently being used as an office, so we have a lot of work ahead of us to turn it into our forever house, from installing a kitchen and bathrooms to refurbishing the windows.  Those of you who follow me on Pinterest will see that I am pinning lots of interior inspiration at the moment, if any of you know of any good blogs or websites to check out please let me know in the comments below.  We are currently really struggling with the design of our kitchen, we have decided on the layout including a nice big island unit which will be home to our induction hob, but we cannot make up our minds on the kitchen cabinets.  Is it just me or do all kitchens seem to be white these days??

What the property is not short of is original features, the picture below shows the view from the hallway up to the cupola at the top of the house.



Another feature that I just love is the beautiful, detailed cornice work that is in all of the rooms on the main three floors of the house and is in excellent condition.  Just not sure I fancy the painting job :)




The house is in the Park District of Glasgow, only a few miles from where we live at the moment.  The photo below shows an aerial view of the area, it really is a beautiful part of Glasgow and sits quite high looking down onto the city.  Kelvingrove Park is on our doorstep too, a park I know very well from Bootcamp that I used to attend with Lauren three times a week for almost a year.  I'm looking forward to having the park on my doorstep to help encourage me to run outdoors more often.  I will also be able to walk to work instead of getting the underground each day, the novelty of walking to work might wear off quickly in the typical Glasgow weather though.



I hope you all like the quick tour :)

Roz xx

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on your new house ! How exciting... I suppose you know Young House Love and Bower Power ... Ainhoa at A little bite of everything DIY's a lot and she is very skilled. Her blog is also pretty and easy to navigate through.
Thinking of you. Happy Easter and lots of love.

laurenmaria said...

Looks amazing, can't wait to see inside.

Amanda M said...

It looks absolutely amazing - like the Royal Crescent in Bath!

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

The bannister is incredible!! So super jealous!!! X

Unknown said...

Thanks for the blog recommendations and the love :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments. We have been spending a lot of time on house planning over the long weekend to stay busy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100