Wednesday 20 March 2013

Pin It Do It - Quick & healthy breakfast

I only pinned this one a couple of weeks ago and planned to do it some time this year but when I got an email from the wonderful Katielase saying she had tried it and loved it, I had to try it straight away!

Thought you might like to know that this morning your Pin It Do It inspired me to make this for breakfast.....

...was really tasty! :-D




Here are the photos she sent me...




Photos by Katie

I love that she added a sprinkling of sugar to the top too, I did the same!  ;)

I ended up making it that very same day since we fancied something for pudding and thought it could work for a quick dessert too...



Quick tip - watch it in the microwave!  Ours is a pretty high power one (1000W) and there was a miniature volcano of blueberry oaty goodness after the time was up.  Oops.  Also, the instructions on the pin aren't perfect, follow the link for more detail.


It was delicious and SO quick, I will definitely make it again, perhaps with different fruit next time.




There's an afternoon post today about the rest of our evening so come back at 1.30pm for another healthy eating tip and a little romance!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes me wish we had a microwave!!

A/T said...

Are quick oats the ones that are pre-cooked? If not, do you think I can substitute them for those? I don't know if I can get those where I am :S

Bex said...

Hi A/T, the oats aren't pre-cooked, I'm not sure what would happen if you substituted pre-cooked ones as they cook in the microwave. It might mean the end result would be a bit more sloppy and mushy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100