Wednesday 20 March 2013

Romantic evening in

Last week Nik and I had a lovely evening in and made the effort to sit down together.  It's been waaay too long since we've done this as he's often working nights or long days and I've been away or in a major crafting mode with stuff spread all across the table!

Anyway, to celebrate us both being home at the same time and actually having the spare time and motivation to cook a proper meal again, I laid out a few candles and made one of our favourites, good old Spag Bol!  We still try to make this with turkey mince nowadays to be healthier.  (We once tried it with Quorn mince and hated it!  The texture was so wrong and the flavour wasn't great either!  Turkey mince is a great compromise as the texture's perfect and it's SO much healthier and although it tastes better and more flavoursome with beef, it's still lovely with turkey.)  These days I also always add a tin of cherry tomatoes!





After dinner we watched The Pursuit of Happyness which we'd never seen before, it was really good, if a bit stressful to watch.  I get so sucked in to films I can't help but get all het up when things are going wrong!  I do love a true story with a happy ending though!


Image Source

You may have noticed I've also been trying out a new watermark to identify our own photos as ours, especially since some of them might be worth pinning/stealing now I have my new lens.  ;)  Let me know what you think.  Is it annoying?

3 comments:

Lisa White said...

Hi Bex,
Sounds like a lovely evening! I love those small, but tall candles and holders, where did you get them from?

Regarding the water mark, I didn't actually notice until you mentioned it!

Lisa x

Lynsey said...

I was just about to comment and ask where the candles were from, but Lisa has beaten me to it :) x

Bex said...

I think I bought them in a wee cash & carry shop called Flower Scene in Glasgow. Bought them for the top table at our wedding but never used them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100