Thursday 6 June 2013

Phases and Smoothies

by Bex

You may have noticed in the past that I tend to go through phases.  I like doing lots of different things. The problem is, sometimes I get a bit obsessed with one in particular.  It never tends to last.  Sometimes it's blogging, sometimes reading, cooking, crafting, exercising, sewing, photography.  I wish I could be better at balancing out my life but when I get really into one thing, the others tend to slide.  Hence the lack of posts yet again.

I am constantly writing blog posts in my head (a side effect of being a blogger!) about the things I am up to but haven't been too good at actually getting them typed out to share.  Anyway, lately I have been all about the smoothies!  (And maxis but more on them later, you know I always love a good maxi skirt and Primark has some great, cheap ones at the moment!)

Today I finally got round to downloading and editing lots of recent pictures and decided some of my smoothie pictures might make a good animated GIF.  I've never made one myself before but do love some of those I've seen, (e.g. the dancing polar bear and Rebecca's fabulous twirl).  Next time I need to use my tripod to get it a bit more stable but I think it's OK.  I used this website, gickr, to make it.

I've made a few different recipes lately, some I've just made up myself.  One was especially healthy with lots of green goodness and actually tasted better than I anticipated. I didn't love it though so have taken to adding a handful of spinach and/or watercress to my usual fruity concoctions, thereby getting a dose of the extra good green stuff but along with a more delicious flavour.  Today's was a favourite, a bit tangy, a bit sweet and a lot healthy.  I usually try to keep them simple with just a few ingredients as they tend to work better but this one was more of a chuck everything in experiment...

Ingredients:
1 passion fruit
1 mango
handful of spinach
handful of watercress
2 handfuls of raspberries
handful of strawberries
orange juice
apple juice
handful of ice cubes

Method:
Blend all ingredients until smooth.





And the super green healthy one (recipe found over at Hip and Healthy)...



And keeping with the green theme, I got these fabulous new tunics for work!  :)


And the lovely Roz bought me this gorgeous olive green bangle...




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been intrigued by smoothies with green in them - do you think spinach and watercress are the best way to go? I do smoothies using frozen fruit as it keeps longer and means I get a cool chilled kind of drink! You can get bags of frozen fruit in most supermarkets. Need to pick up some cranberry juice tonight and make one!

Carole said...

I go through phases too Bex! Cheers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100