Monday 30 September 2013

Supper at Cup - review

by Bex

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Cup Tea Lounge on Renfield Street.  I've been quite a few times in the last few months - with Roz, D and Linsey, with Anna, with Vikki, with Sarah Mc and now with Sarah C.  None of them had been before but all enjoyed it, I can't wait to take Mum for an afternoon tea treat when she's here for her visit!  (Edit: We actually went on Friday and it was a little disappointing compared to everything else they do.)  It's such a gorgeous venue and the staff are lovely!


Sarah and I went along one evening using the same deal that Roz, D, Linsey and I all used previously.  It had come up on Groupon again and Linsey had forgotten to book it in time and was no longer able to go before her voucher ran out so she booked it for me and Sarah to use instead.

This time we tried a different platter (we had different choices this time and there was a new savoury platter on offer), the salmon one.  We both chose the apple & ginger mojito and the same dessert as well - the plate of peach goodies.  Everything was amazing!

We asked to swap the melba toast (I hate melba toast) that was supposed to come with the salmon for the flatbread from a different platter instead, this wasn't a problem and we received plenty of nice warm flatbread and capers to accompany our fish.  Simple but delicious!





The peach flavoured sponge cake was absolutely delicious!  We also received a heart shaped piece of shortbread, peach custard and peach ice-cream.  We loved them all but the custard was rather runny, I liked it with the shortbread dunked in though.


Cup Tea Lounge on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Gwen - TheFoodieHistorian said...

I love those walls! Is that a strange thing to say? They remind me of the cafe at the V&A.
I really need to come through to Glasgow and do some exploring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100