Monday 28 October 2013

Craft Club 2 - Bath Bombs #ODCC

by Bex

It's been a long time since our last (and first) Olive Dragonfly Craft Club meeting.  Obviously life has been a bit unpredictable over the last year with everything we have going on but I think this was worth the wait.  Again we had a few who couldn't make it but those of us who did (Ashleigh, Lauren, Vonnie, Mum and I) had a great time making our bath bombs, my flat was extremely (nicely) smelly for a few days!

We actually started off with some dinner as Ashleigh was joining us straight from work.  I whipped up some of my favourite easy recipes (baked camembert and salmon pate), ham, olives, artichokes, sourdough bread and a cheese board.  Oh, and wine of course ;)


Then we started making a mess ;)


I'd like to give special thanks to Vonnie who brought along all of her bath bomb making kit and expertise which both of which were WAY better than mine!!  She had proper moulds (I just had some silicone baking moulds and the cookie cutters I used last time) and better ingredients with dozens of essential oils and colourings.  She also brought witch hazel for us to use instead of water to avoid the mixture fizzing up too much as we packed it.  It definitely wouldn't have been as good without her, thanks Vonnie!  :)



Mum and I did use the fantastic mould that Lynsey picked up for me at TK Maxx though, I made a couple of dragonflies, one with lavender (also provided by Vonnie).


We made a bit of a mess but ended up with some fantastic products at the end of it all :)

The vodka was to remove food colouring stains from the wood surface!  


I made a selection of hearts, dragonflies, a butterfly and 2 balls.  The purple colour were lavender scented and the green were pomegranate & orange blossom (I think, possibly pomegranate & lime!).



Mum made a dragonfly and 3 balls...


Ashleigh made a few roses and hearts in red, purple and blue, she also used some of the rose petals Vonnie brought...



And Lauren made a few roses, a heart and a ball...



Thanks everyone for coming and making it such a fun evening!  :)

If you fancy joining in the next craft club event, which I'm hoping will be a Christmas themed one - either cards, decorations or gifts, just click below for details...

Olive Dragonfly Craft Club

6 comments:

Lynsey said...

Aww so glad the dragonflies got an outing :)

amy said...

Any chance you could do a 'how to' on this? And other similar 'gift' craft projects?
Would be great stocking fillers for Christmas - as I'm watching every penny because of our move these kind of ideas are perfect!

Vonnie said...

Awww thanks so much for hosting, Bex! Yours all came out so well :)

Unknown said...

They all look great! Can't wait to pick mine up :)

Bex said...

Amy, I did link to my previous how-to in the post - http://olivedragonfly.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/home-made-bath-bombs.html the only difference with Vonnie's method was using witch hazel to spray instead of water which gives better, smoother results as mine got too wet and fizzy with water. She also had finer citric acid for a smoother finish. Also her ratios were different - she used 2 cups of bicarb to 1 of citric acid. Have some Christmas ones planned, don't worry :) xx

M-J said...

Sad to have missed this, stupid work getting in the way! bit of a delayed comment as been up to my eyes and not been on blogs for a wee while. i hope I can make the next one as it looks like great fun. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100