Monday 11 November 2013

John Lewis Christmas

by Bex

Now that it's officially after Halloween I am starting to think about Christmas!  (That's a lie, I've been thinking about it for a while and have already made a start on my Christmas bunting!  But I refuse to talk about it until November, I hate seeing Christmas decorations in shops as early as August, crazy!)


A few weeks ago I went along to another John Lewis event, this time to promote their Christmas themes and products.  It was lovely being immersed in a very festive theme for the evening, even though it was only just October.  I generally do think about Christmas in advance as I love planning my decor and food.  I've actually pretty much finished my Christmas shopping already (I know, you hate me - I just buy things when I see something I know someone will like rather than wait until now to start looking) but I'm waiting for December before the fun of wrapping everything when the tree is up and I'm feeling utterly festive!


The venue was the beautiful Bonham hotel in Edinburgh and we were served delicious canapes and fizz while we browsed what John Lewis has to offer this Christmas.  It was a lovely evening and I enjoyed chatting to Ellen from the Glasgow store again after meeting her at the Vintage event.


John Lewis now has their Christmas section set up in store and Bella, Rach and I had a lovely time wandering around looking at the beautiful ornaments and cards when we popped in after all the ODP2 fun before they went home!  A particular favourite of mine was the glittery modern tree with lights.  It really shows off your ornaments as it's so minimalist and is a great way to bring some Christmas sparkle into the home if you don't have room for a big traditional tree.  They come in different sizes too and I already invested in the table top tree which I used for Halloween and will decorate with mini baubles for Christmas in the hall.

Seen here displaying the very pretty Somerset by Alice Temperley lingerie selection

I also love the perspex modern reindeer decoration.

When browsing in store I fell in love with this knitted effect deer head...


And I love these glittery deer as well...


They have a lovely range of more traditional decorations too with woodland style wreaths and faux furs and tartans in browns, reds and greys...


And some really cute felt decorations with lots of cuddly tree ornaments...



And traditional toys with some wooden designs - I liked the wooden kitchen (and it's not pink!) and the giant piano reminds me of that scene in Big!


Other things that caught my eye were the lovely little star shaped gift boxes which come with Liz Earle nail polishes and lipsticks - obviously I liked the green one best!


And Bluebellgray were there with their gorgeous fabrics and soft furnishings which are now stocked at John Lewis...


And we got to try some LOVELY flavoured gins from the Edinburgh Gin company.  Mum and I both loved the Elderflower, closely followed by the Raspberry.  Even the plain gin on it's own had a crisp lovely flavour.  Luckily you can get all 3 of our favourites in a gin selection box for £35 (20cl each)!  I will definitely be getting one of these!


We received some wonderful goody bags to take away as well!  I have to admit, the spiced orange gin was the only one I didn't like so that can be a gift for someone (who doesn't read the blog)!  ;)  I love the glass star for the top of the tree, the pretty mercurised glass ornaments and the vintage style metallic sparrow candle.  And I really should stop being lazy with my skin and try out the Liz Earle cleanser!  I also really like the neutral John Lewis nail polish colours :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100