Tuesday 11 February 2014

McPhabbs review

by Bex

Last week I was invited along to McPhabbs in Charing Cross to sample their new menu which they've just launched.  And for the month of February they are offering 50% off all food!  I'd never been to McPhabbs before so I was excited to see it and try out their food.


We were in the function suite downstairs and after being introduced to the new owner we were treated to various samples of the new menu starting with warm bread rolls, olives, pate with oatcakes and mushroom & mozzarella bruschetta.



Then we sampled some southern fried chicken and fish goujons with chips...


The chicken was my favourite, really crispy and nice with the mild salsa.  Although I have to admit, I'm not a fan of parsley being sprinkled on everything - it doesn't really add anything and I think the food would look better without it.

We also tasted mini burgers and lasagne and full samples were brought out for us to see how they are usually served.  It would be an ideal place for lunch if you work in the area, serving proper pub grub at reasonable prices, especially if you go during the 50% off deal during February!


Fish & chips or a cheese burger with chips are both just £4 during the offer!


The last thing we tried was the lamb hot pot which although not what I expected, was very tasty.  It was more like a nice chunky lamb soup with potatoes and carrots and with the bread rolls it was very hearty and filling.  The lamb was very tender and when served in the pots with a lid, you get a blast of lovely hot aromas in the face as you open it :)



We had a lovely evening enjoying all the food and wine on offer.  I think my overall favourites would be the pate, southern fried chicken and lamb hotpot/soup.

McPhabbs on Urbanspoon

And you may remember I mentioned the gorgeous green dragonfly soaps Michelle's Mum made for me which Michelle brought along to give me that night...




They're so cute and smell GORGEOUS!  :)  Thanks so much Michelle (and her Mum!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100