Wednesday 26 March 2014

Boho style inspiration for Thailand - Pin it do it

by Bex

I'd already planned most of my holiday wardrobe for this trip but after spotting a couple more things in town, it really has turned into entirely boho style for this holiday.  I'm thinking, beads, long necklaces, fringing, tie dye and lots of floaty dresses.  Ideal for the sticky heat and long days on the beach, by the pool or exploring the local towns and national park.  My hair will most likely be frizzy in the humidity anyway (Monica style) so the straighteners are (probably) being left behind and I'll be going curly full-on frizz on this holiday.  I expect it will be mostly tied up in the heat anyway, it's already 30+ degrees over there!

Here are a few of my inspiration pins (since it's been so long since I did a pin it do it!) and below you will find a few of the new items I have bought as a wee pre-holiday treat.  i.e. I couldn't resist!

Personally I think there are two ways to do boho, the simple, stylish, neutral way and the full-on print-tastic, colourful, fully accessorised way.  I like both and will be mixing it up a bit and of course putting my own spin on the look.

Simple boho style inspiration:

L-R: OneTwoThreeFour
(I particularly love number 2 - I have a straw fedora like that, £2 from Primark last year
and I have some coloured trousers similar to number 3.) 

Then colourful prints and floaty dresses/trousers:

L-R: OneTwoThreeFourFive

Of course, the billowing cover-ups and fringing:

L-R: OneTwoThreeFourFive

And the accessories, piled up bangles and bracelets, dangly necklaces, beads and chunky rings:

L-R: OneTwoThreeFourFive
(I have plenty of friendship bracelets and beaded accessories.)

I've got some tie-dye dresses which I bought in Malaysia and quite a few beaded accessories already.  I also have a fab black fringed bag from H&M which they have just brought out in a pale grey - ideal for summer!  It's only £19.99 (although they do have a real suede one as well as faux leather for £69.99) and I had a voucher for 25% off so it was only £14.99.  (Voucher code = 1319 for 25% off one item and 1396 for free delivery if spending over £50.)

£19.99 - H&M

I also spotted this gorgeous pink and olive green dragonfly print scarf so OBVIOUSLY had to have it, especially since it was only £7.99 and strikes me as a bit McQueen-esque!

£7.99 - H&M

And although I definitely can't afford the Missoni sequined kaftan above, this H&M one is pretty gorgeous:

Sequined kaftan - £59.99 - H&M

Forever 21 also have some awesome boho style accessories at the moment:

 Bracelet - £3.90 and Necklace - £5.65 both Forever 21

And this gorgeous green beaded stunner - £11.65 - Forever 21

Primark also have some fab boho style things in for summer including this gorgeous fringed cover-up:

£15 - Primark

And these gorgeous chevron palazzo pants:

Palazzo pants, £12 - Primark
I also got a very flattering floaty tie-dye maxi dress for just £10 but can't find any pictures online.  It's very similar to this one but with yellow bits around the white patches:

Image Source

I have a few sewing projects (adjustments and new tops) to make before we go as well.  I can't wait to go all hippy style in the sunshine!  Which is your favourite look above?  Do you embrace boho style for the summer?

1 comment:

Vics said...

I looked at that Primark Kimono while I was in London last week and am now kicking myself for not buying it as my nearest Primark is 2 hours away in Marseille :(
Will have to try and pick it up next time I'm home as I love the style!
I like your boho picks, long skirts and flowy tops are pretty much how I spend my summers as it gets very hot here and I (luckily) have a pretty casual office dress code!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100