Tuesday 27 January 2015

The Electric Gardens

by Roz

Last week I managed to head along to the wonderful Botanic Gardens in Glasgow's West End to the preview night of The Electric Gardens - a "fantasy of light and sound" that runs from now until 15th February.  This event is organised by the West End Festival which Bex and I both love and have blogged about in previous years here and here.


The weather was perfect when we went along on the preview night, a dry, crisp night and the snow lying underfoot in the gardens simply added to the magical atmosphere.  It's easy to forget just how big the Botanics are and we spent an hour exploring the pathways - there are a few surprises along the way, look out for the giant disco ball and fab ice lolly! - and having a walk through Kibble Palace.


The lighting was well done, and varied from spotlights to draped canopies of fairy lights and more, and there was also music in one area and 'fire' performers in another.  You can get some pretty awesome pictures or just enjoy the sights as you wander around.  I think this event is a great way to showcase the Botanics in the evening and hopefully it will return next year.

In the middle of the grass are giant speakers adding some erie music to the atmosphere!


As I was walking round I remembered just how big the Botanic Gardens are! I used to come here a lot when I was at university, to sit and chill out or soak up the sun, but these days Kelvingrove Park would be my go to place. The Electric Gardens definitely reminded me to start spending more time exploring the Botanics and I love that more people might rediscover the Botanics through this event.

Tiny star lights around the base of the tree!

Mmmmm a giant lolly!

Juggling fire!



If you are heading along, don't forget your camera to capture some fabulous shots!

Roz xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So pretty! I loved the version in Edinburgh x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100